Worx Racing Sponsons Yamaha FX SHO
- Fit Yamaha FX SHO
Sponsons Fitting WORX sponsons to your PWC is like fitting extra wide tyres to your road car. Unbelievable cornering, better control in the rough and predictable inline tracking while towing wakeboards or waterskiers. WORX sponsons are easy to fit, look great and bolt right into stock mounting holes.
All WORX sponsons are extensively tested 'on the water' before going into production - so we know they work when you fit 'em......... WORX has sponsons for just about every PWC on the market.
PART NUMBER WR 542: WORX RACE SPONSONS
YAMAHA FX SHO
IMPORTANT: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH INSTALLATION
Tool necessary for installation: 12mm Socket Wrench
13mm Socket Wrench
1x Tube of clear silicone
1x Tube of Red Loctite
Parts Supplied: 2 x Worx adjustable sponsons
2 x Side rails
14 x ¼” x 1 1/2” Round head bolts
14 x ¼” x ¾” Flat washers
10 x 8mm x 30mm Bolts
10 x 8mm x 19mm Flat washers
1. Remove stock sponsons: Using the 12mm Socket Wrench remove the 5 x 8mm bolts from each sponson,
clear all excess silicone from behind the OEM< sponsons.
2. Apply a bead of silicone around the edges of the side rails, and around each of the mounting holes (five on
3. Fit the side rails to both sides of the boat using the 10 x 8mm x 30mm bolts and the 10 8mm x 19mm flat
washers. Tighten using the 13mm the socket wrench.
4. Fit the sponsons using the remaining 14 x 1/4” x 11/2” bolts with the 14 x ¼’ x 3’4” flat washers supplied (
start all of the bolts into the side rails before tightening)
5. Adjust the sponsons to your riding style: These sponson are adjustable in height, most riders will prefer the
setting in the down position for the most aggressive performance.
6. After riding for about 15 minutes check that your sponson bolts are tight and when you have decided which
position best suits your riding style it is recommended that you apply a layer of silicone between the side
rails and the sponsons and also apply red loctite to the mounting bolts. Regularly check that the sponson
fixing bolts are tight.
Warning: These sponsons will vastly improve the turning capability of your boat take time to get used to
them before you attempt any hard cornering
Thank you for purchasing Worx Racing components products. We firmly believe that Worx Racing
Components products are among the finest watercraft parts available. A great deal of time and effort has gone
into the design and development of this product to ensure that it will perform to the highest standard and that
installation is a relatively straight forward and simple procedure. If you have any questions or comments on the
performance and/or installation of our products please contact us at the numbers listed on page one or through
your local Worx dealer.